Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes!
So I kept seeing recipes for this on tumblr and pinterest, so I finally decided to try it! I changed the recipe a little bit from what I’ve seen, and they came out AMAZING.
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and whole wheat flour together.
- Add the dry mixture to the yogurt and vanilla mixture and stir.
- Add in the soy milk to this mixture and stir.If the mixture is still super dry, you can add a bit more milk. The batter should be thicker than normal pancake batter though! But it should not be doughy.
- Heat a skillet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spoon mixture into skillet. I fit two each time, but they were oddly shaped because they ended up spreading more than I had planned.
- Flip when it starts to brown. Be careful, the top will still be a bit liquidy.
- Flip again when that side starts to brown. Press down on the pancake this time (not too hard though!) so that some of the batter inside oozes out and cooks a bit more.
- Flip again, but keep it on this side for no more than 30 seconds.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- Top with whatever you’d like! I used bananas :D
This is a very dense recipe. It makes 4 nice sized pancakes, all for about 350 calories and barely any fat. It is quite filling, and absolutely delicious! :D
Nutritional Info (without any toppings):
- Calories: 346 g
- Carbs: 54 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Sugar 9 g (7 from yogurt!)
I added banana to mine, sooo good!! Sorry part of one is eaten in the picture, I couldn’t wait to try them haha :P